Have you decided that it’s time to replace your roof? If you must, make sure you do it around autumn. Experts believe that autumn is the ideal time to conduct roof replacement after the summer storms and before the snow in winter. It is important to plan this well ahead of time to ensure that your roof contracting PMC roof Perth has to offer will become available to take on the project. You cannot postpone it till after winter as your roof might be vulnerable to the snow and cold temperature.
Here are some of the reasons to consider replacing your roof in autumn:
1. The wind and rain from the summer can take its toll on your roof. You need to pay closer attention to your roof when it is near the end of its expected lifespan. The lifespan of your roof will vary according to the type of roof shingles used. Asphalt shingles have the shortest lifespan of about 20 years and slate roof shingles offer the longest life expectancy at 100 years (with proper care). As soon as summer is over, you should contact roof contracting PMC roof Perth has today to handle the job and do not ever attempt to do it on your own.
2. The weather during autumn is ideal for handling roof repair or replacement jobs. Experts believe that roofing jobs should be done on a clear day, which you can get more of in autumn. The average temperature should be between 45 to 50 degrees so that the seal strips won’t melt and it will adhere properly when applying it to the roof. If you do this in the summer time, it will be difficult to place the roof shingles in. At the same time, the heat won’t be as punishing as in the summer time for your roofer.
3. Changing your roof in the autumn would also mean your house is structurally sound to face the harsh conditions of winter. In addition, this will ensure that the shingles are properly sealed and will be able to provide an airtight barrier against the frigid winter temperature. You can, therefore, help keep your family warm in time for winter.
4. Re-roofing in the autumn can also save your utility bills for heating in the winter and cooling in the summer. A new and improved roof will dramatically improve the insulation and regulation of temperature inside your home.
5. There is also no time to procrastinate when it comes to roof replacement during autumn. If you wait for winter to pass before you address any roof problems like leaks or holes, it can get worse during winter time. The worst thing that could happen is for you to require emergency roof replacement in the middle of winter! Do not wait for that to happen and get it done beforehand.
Proper timing is crucial to the success and durability of your new roof replacement. It also pays to choose the best roof contracting PMC roof Perth has to offer. That way, you can guarantee that the job is well done and that you can get more value for your money.